Dear Marengo Families,
Marengo is very fortunate to have parents volunteer to be safety valets for our morning drop-off. Please use the drop-off zone instead of parking and walking your child into the school. If you need to park and enter the school office for any school business, please be respectful of our neighbors by following all parking and traffic regulations. The Safety Valet program helps keep our children safe at drop-off and traffic flowing smoothly. The drop off zone for students is ONLY northbound on Marengo Avenue between Rollin and Bank Street. In order to keep our students and parents safe, do not use the Stratford gate as a drop-off zone.
- Please pull as far forward as possible in the lane before letting children out of the vehicle.
- Only allow your children to exit the car when you are in the zone marked by the green cones.
- Exit ONLY on the passenger side, allow safety valet to assist. PLEASE NO DRIVER SIDE DROP OFF.
After drop off:
- Observe all traffic laws
- NO U-turns in front of school or in intersections.
- Stop at stop signs on Bank Street and use turn signals to communicate if you are turning.
- Observe directions from crossing guard on Rollin Street and Safety Valet on Bank Street.
Thank you so much for following our guidelines for student drop-off.